The leaves of the Mitragyna speciosa tree, an evergreen species of the coffee family, are used to make kratom powder. It grows naturally throughout Southeast Asia, from Indonesia through Malaysia and Thailand.
Some health food shops, vape shops, and online specialty stores offer kratom leaves, powder, and capsules. It is most frequently used to treat opiate addiction, depression, and discomfort. Mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine, the two most potent components of kratom, operate on opioid receptors but have fewer negative side effects.
Since it has shown a significant positive impact on humans, kratom has also been used on animals, particularly on dogs, to help alleviate discomfort due to pain. But the question is, is kratom for dogs a safe pain management alternative? Let’s find out the answer below.
Kratom for Dogs
Conventional medicine has used kratom for a very long time. Communities in Southeast Asia have used it for many centuries to cure depression, anxiety, chronic pain, and stress. Surprisingly, science hasn’t invested quite enough time in studying this helpful herb as they should, but the locals who use it say the results are consistently positive.
Animal doctors recommend Kratom for dogs who are agitated, fearful, or in pain. Dogs would be able to relax as a result, and the pain that had been making them agitated would almost immediately end.
However, giving your dog excessive amounts can result in seizures. Therefore, you must always speak with a veterinarian before offering Kratom to your pet. Additionally, you might wish to buy your pet the best kratom strains.
Numerous dog owners have posted testimonials, and they all concur that the drug made their canines feel better. Their canines had joint and muscle pain, organ inflammation, and hip dysplasia, among other health problems.
Stress and anxiety are frequently caused by chronic pain, and Kratom may reduce all of these symptoms. It might even be more potent than many prescription drugs.
How to Give Kratom to Your Dogs
People consume Kratom as powder, pills, or tea. What about canines? This product has a bitter flavor, so unless you enhance its appeal to them, your dogs are likely to vomit it out. Here are some tips on how you can make kratom appealing to dogs to ensure that they will consume it.
- Add some Kratom to sugar-free peanut butter to cover up the bitter flavor. The majority of dogs love this sandwich spread, so they will perceive it as a treat.
- Combine a tiny portion of Kratom powder with a delicious food, such as beef or hamburger chunks.
- You can buy kratom dog chews from a trusted online kratom vendor that also offers kratom dog treats. By using kratom dog treats, you will never have to worry about how you will give kratom to your pets.
- You can also use fruit or vegetables and puree them, then add some kratom powder to it. Use the fruit and veggies that your pet loves and they will surely consume them without noticing the taste of the kratom.
- Aside from mixing kratom with beef bits, you can also opt to mix it with beef broth. Dogs love broth, and the dosage of kratom your pet needs won’t affect the taste of the broth even a bit.
- They mix kratom with their dinner. Use moist food so that you can just stir the kratom right into the dog food.
- Lastly, you can rub kratom on their gums. Some dog owners use this trick when giving their dogs the daily dose of kratom required for their conditions. The product will be swiftly absorbed by the mucous membranes’ surface vessels. When animals are in excruciating agony, this method is the best way to go.
Best Kratom Strains for Dogs
There are many kratom strains that are best for dogs. Each of these strains is used for different issues, which are also the ones that are widely used, such as:
Maeng Da Kratom
This drug, which is derived from an Indonesian strain of Red Kratom, offers extremely high amounts of energy and is excellent for treating pain. Pet owners from around the world adore it for its ability to soothe their animals and make them feel content and renewed.
Green Malay Kratom
A plant found in Malaysian rainforests is used to make green Malaysian kratom. It has significant alkaloid content, which can aid with chronic pain management and sleep quality. It’s perfect for dogs who are restless and constantly hop around.
High quantities of 7-hydroxymitragynine are seen in Indo Kratom. Because of this, it can be used to alleviate pain, although it also has sedative effects. People provide it to canines recovering from surgery or suffering from severe hip dysplasia.
The leaves of a species of kratom that can only be found in the Sunda Islands are used to make Sunda Kratom, a powdered product. Many dog owners vouch for it, saying that it’s the only product that has ever made their cherished furry companions happy again.
This kratom was discovered in Bali, as the name clearly suggests. It works wonders with reducing pain, especially when paired with Red Kratom. It also encourages relaxation and has some energizing effects.
Proper Dosage of Kratom for Dogs
Finding the ideal kratom dosage for your dog might be time-consuming. You can locate websites made to assist you in determining how much Kratom is required. It’s likely that you won’t be able to determine the ideal dosage right away, but with practice, you’ll get there.
The dosage is determined by your dog’s size and weight. Inversely, smaller dogs require lower doses. A third of the recommended human dosage of 7 to 10 mg should be plenty for your pet dog. Of course, a small amount of 1 or 2 mg suffices. Try it and observe whether Kratom can benefit your dog better than any other medication.
Kratom is a safe and effective alternative medicine to help relieve pain in dogs. As long as you choose the right strain and only give the proper dosage, you won’t have to worry about your dog. This product might be the thing that your pet needs to help them recover easily without having to suffer too much from the pain they are feeling.